California FAIR Plan
Due to high risk of wildfires, some insurance companies in California has stopped providing fire insurance. California FAIR plan can be purchased along with dwelling coverage.
California FAIR plan covers following customers:
- Owner Occupied: 1-4 unit dwelling in which the owner lives in one or more unit
- Seasonal Rental: Dwelling that are rented (in whole or part) for less than one year.
- Rentals: 1-4 unit dwellings that are rented to a tenant for at least one year.
- Renters: Personal property coverage for the tenant of an apartment or single/multi- unit dwelling.
- Condominium Unit Owners: Personal property and improvements coverage for a condominium unit owner.
The FAIR Plan Dwelling Fire Policy is a named peril policy, which provides coverage only for damage caused by the specific causes of loss listed in the policy.
- Fire & Lightning
- Internal Explosion